Saturday, May 30, 2009
The Beach Store And Naples Theatre
What can I say, this place along with it's owners (Margaret & Arnold Haines) defined what was GREAT about early Naples. It was the hub of activity in the late 60's mostly because that's all there was to do. The theatre had an auto dispensing soda machine & the cup would drop down but NEVER upright. You'd usually get a half cup of syrup & some ice & a hand full of soda trying to stand the cup upright. I guess that's what the Crying Room was for you were always 10 cents poorer & still thirsty.
1963 Phone Number
1157 3rd Street South
1946 Phone Number #69 2-Digit Only
My Back Pages
- Aqualane Shores September 6th 1968
- Brookside Village (Homeboy's Former Headquarters)...
- Country Club Of Naples @ Goodlette Road
- Crayton Cove & Broad Avenue South
- Doctor's Pass August 16th 1968
- Galleon Drive & Spyglass Lane
- Galleon Drive August 16th 1968
- Gulfshore Blvd @ 7th Avenue North September 1968
- Gulfshore Blvd @ The Beach Club September 1968
- Hole In The Wall Golf Course On Goodlette Road
- Keewaydin Island
- Kings Town & Fort Charles August 16th 1968
- Lake Park Elementary School & Neighborhood
- Marco River Bridge (Under Construction) It Wasn't ...
- The Moorings
- North Gulfshore @ Doctor's Pass September 1968
- Naples Bay Postcard
- Naples Bay @ Goodlette Road August 1968
- Naples High School & The High School Woods (Before...
- Naples Shopping Plaza
- The Pier @ 13th Avenue South August 17th 1968
- The Pier & Gulfshore Blvd September 17th 1968
- Royal Harbor August 16th 1968
- Royal Harbor @ Sandpiper Street
- South Gordon Drive @ Galleon September 1968
- South Gordon Drive September 17th 1968
- Shadowlawn Drive & School @ East 41 August 16th 1...
- Sorrento Gardens South To Twin Lakes
- Sorrento Gardens (Behind Outback) Southeast View
- Vanderbilt Beach @ 111th Ave North (With No Bridg...
- West Gordon River Bridge ( Before Tin City)
- Wiggins Pass Area Without The State Park
- Vanderbilt Beach Road @ Gulfshore Drive (Before Th...
- Lowdermilk Park
- The Old Trailways Bus Station Building & Beach Cab...
- City Hall 1968
- The Beach Store And Naples Theatre
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part One
- ▼ May (40)
- ► 2010 (73)