Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Original World Famous Mile O' Mud


In 1979 I walked into a TV/stereo store in Pasadena California. As I walked toward the TV section there was a large gathering of people huddled around a TV set. At 1st I thought it must be football as I got closer I could hear them talking. It went like this, what are those things & where is that at in the bayou's of Louisiana? I started laughing as I peeked over their shoulders it was the Swamp Buggy Races from Naples. I walked away smiling thinking about Naples & how wild & fun I remembered it being. It still cracks me up when I think about it...
PS: Also in the photo the stock car track with the motocross track dirt overlay.
Map link to former location.
http://tinyurl.com/ygntfy8
Photo taken February 2nd 1975

2 comments:

  1. That picture brings back a lot of memories. People don't believe you when you tell them that the Swamp Buggy track and stock car track ever existed on Radio Road. I remember going to the Collier County Fair when it was housed at that location also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party at the swampbuggy grounds on Radio Rd this weekend!

    I wish....

    ReplyDelete