Saturday, June 13, 2009
Is It Art Or Photo?
John Smith told me the little booth to the right in this photo was for a person to sit in & watch for German war planes & submarines along the coast. His mom was one of the spotters that sat there with binoculars during WWII they had a phone line to call if they spotted one. During the war most beach front homes had blackout curtains on their windows. The Germans would use the lights along the shore to navigate at night.
My Back Pages
- 5th Avenue South @ Park Street After Donna
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Two
- 3rd Street South After Donna
- The Only Thing Left Standing
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Three
- URGENT: Note To Followers
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Four
- Pre Donna Pier
- 1957 Pier
- Looking Through The Old Bait House
- Is It Art Or Photo?
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Five
- Gordon Pass Fish Camp After Donna
- 1946 Single Page 3 Town Phone Book/Page?
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Six
- Tamiami Sportcycle
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Final Part
- At Least Donna Left The Restrooms....
- Architects Drawing of New Pier (60's Era)
- Rising From The Ruins
- The Banana Factory
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2010 (73)