Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Final Part
This souvenir booklet belonged to Reva Mullins, the mother of a lifelong friend of mine. Reva moved to Naples from Dayton, Ohio with her sons Rick & Don Spicer, in 1957. Don told me they moved here around Christmas time & rented the guesthouse @ 144 10th Ave South. First thing they did was run to the pier & go for a swim. All the locals stared at them like they were crazy after all it was in the middle of winter, so they had to be tourists. The next Christmas they stood on the pier & stared at the new tourists swimming these brutal winter waters. Reva eventually moved to Mullins Street (if that doesn't tell you what a small town it was, nothing will) where she lived for the remainder of her life. She passed away in June of 2007. I was originally going to Photoshop her notes out of this booklet but after reading them they were to me just as important and historic as the pictures.
My Back Pages
- 5th Avenue South @ Park Street After Donna
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Two
- 3rd Street South After Donna
- The Only Thing Left Standing
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Three
- URGENT: Note To Followers
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Four
- Pre Donna Pier
- 1957 Pier
- Looking Through The Old Bait House
- Is It Art Or Photo?
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Five
- Gordon Pass Fish Camp After Donna
- 1946 Single Page 3 Town Phone Book/Page?
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Part Six
- Tamiami Sportcycle
- Souvenir Of Hurricane Donna Final Part
- At Least Donna Left The Restrooms....
- Architects Drawing of New Pier (60's Era)
- Rising From The Ruins
- The Banana Factory
- ▼ June (21)
- ► 2010 (73)