Tuesday, July 7, 2009
1960 Swamp Buggy Badge
I'll have to do my homework on these dates but the Parade was real close in date to Hurricane Donna. So being, this would have probably survived Donna if there was a parade. For those followers that weren't here you had to grow a beard during Swamp Buggy Days. During the parade if you didn't have a beard you HAD TO fork over a dollar for a badge or Swamp Buggy Buck. If you were caught watching the parade without either you were physically manhandled & drug out of your seat & thrown into the mobile jail! It was no tip toe through the tulips, ferry cross the mersey, walk in the park, politically correct event! It was quite a sight to see if you were a kid on a bicycle I don't recall anyone that actually deserved such a fate ever getting their just desert. I still have a list of folks that could use one of these....and I don't mean a badge either.
My Back Pages
- The Old Library
- Wind Across The Everglades
- Doctors Pass Area & Mooringline Drive
- Former NHS Teacher Don Glancy Passed Away
- Gordon Drive (or 2nd Street South) @ 13th Ave Sout...
- Brookside Homeboys Former Digs
- Don Glancy
- 1960 Swamp Buggy Badge
- The Bindlestiff
- 60's Era Naples Police Boat
- Ziegfield Troy/Blue Carribean Driving Range
- US 41 In Front Of The Driving Range
- East 41 & Davis Blvd @ Sandpiper Street
- Parkshore Area February 3rd 1971
- I'm Still Here!
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2010 (73)