Tuesday, July 14, 2009
East 41 & Davis Blvd @ Sandpiper Street
Hands down one of my favorite photo's! The East Naples Shopping Plaza (or Clumsky Building) at 41 & Sandpiper housed the Italian Kitchen & Barker Drugs. (In reality the American gas station was at that corner not the shopping plaza). The Clumsky building really never ever was completed it sat that way for years. Hands down the coolest picture of a mosquito plane (cough,cough) no telling how many people moved to an early permanent residence in Naples Park (111th Ave graveyard) from breathing this stuff. I always said everyone is dying to live in Naples Park. Anytime I hear a stupid statement from an old timer I always figure they must of followed too close to the mosquito fogger truck on their bicycle and who didn't. Boat Haven without pavement Chrisse Morse told me Phil her dad (Boat Haven's owner) never liked asphalt pavement. Who in this town doesn't have a Boat Haven related story?
My Back Pages
- The Old Library
- Wind Across The Everglades
- Doctors Pass Area & Mooringline Drive
- Former NHS Teacher Don Glancy Passed Away
- Gordon Drive (or 2nd Street South) @ 13th Ave Sout...
- Brookside Homeboys Former Digs
- Don Glancy
- 1960 Swamp Buggy Badge
- The Bindlestiff
- 60's Era Naples Police Boat
- Ziegfield Troy/Blue Carribean Driving Range
- US 41 In Front Of The Driving Range
- East 41 & Davis Blvd @ Sandpiper Street
- Parkshore Area February 3rd 1971
- I'm Still Here!
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2010 (73)