Monday, July 13, 2009
Ziegfield Troy/Blue Carribean Driving Range
This photo was shot from WT Grants ( where Office Depot sits today) looking east over Naples High School & looking down Golden Gate Parkway. I remember when Grants opened, in a Naples frame of mind you were thinking there must be a golf cart or shuttle bus to take you down to automotive, it was one HUGE store. The town was so small ( I never really got the sleepy fishing village thing) everything was large or too far outta town. Until you went to high school (and Naples High was the only one) you never got out that far. Unless you were going to Ft Myers to eat at McDonalds & take in the mall but why not drive on in to Tampa if you were up that way?
FYI:TGI Fridays & Panera Bread sit on this driving range now.
My Back Pages
- The Old Library
- Wind Across The Everglades
- Doctors Pass Area & Mooringline Drive
- Former NHS Teacher Don Glancy Passed Away
- Gordon Drive (or 2nd Street South) @ 13th Ave Sout...
- Brookside Homeboys Former Digs
- Don Glancy
- 1960 Swamp Buggy Badge
- The Bindlestiff
- 60's Era Naples Police Boat
- Ziegfield Troy/Blue Carribean Driving Range
- US 41 In Front Of The Driving Range
- East 41 & Davis Blvd @ Sandpiper Street
- Parkshore Area February 3rd 1971
- I'm Still Here!
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2010 (73)