Sunday, August 23, 2009
3rd Street & Broad Avenue South
This shot was taken from Cook's Laundromat, from the looks of it there appears to be a wrecking crane. This was probably there to demolish the Beach Store & theatre. In my opinion this was the beginning of the end of the town I grew up in. I'm not complaining I still love this town but it radically changed from this point on. In my conversations with most of the people that I grew up with here, most of them left town in the mid 70's. I moved away for 7 years & returned in 1996 & it looked pretty much the same & then all hell broke loose. As soon as you see surveying sticks & un mowed grass whatever is there in usually gone in a week or two.
Please read Jim B's comments on this post it makes this blog worth doing!
My Back Pages
- Old Naples Area Late 50's early 60's
- Collier County Property Appraiser's Site
- Pelican Bay
- Four Corners Center Of The Universe
- The Poor Man's Alligator Alley
- The Cable Guys September 1968
- Alternate Cable Guys Photo
- Palm River & Willoughby Acres Area
- North Gulfshore Blvd To Doctor's Pass
- East Trail @ Davis Blvd
- Royal Palm Service Station & Club 41
- 3rd Street & Broad Avenue South
- Parkshore Beach & North Gulfshore Blvd
- Naples Theatre & Trail Drive-In Two Sided Playcard...
- Store # 76 The Original Naples Publix (Under Const...
- East Trail @ Boat Haven
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2010 (73)