Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Naples Theatre & Trail Drive-In Two Sided Playcards
These were given out for free at the Beach Store & the Trail Drive-In to let you know what was playing at both places the next week. At the drive-in I thought I might have listened to my headphones a little too loud but it was always the mosquitoes buzzing not my ears. I also remember the blue ceramic tile that lined the walls of the lobby at the Naples Theatre & the smell of the popcorn. And the BIG 'NT' above the movie screen, Spicer said he saw it in the dumpster when they tore it down & grabbed it & took it home but lost track of it. Al McLenon once asked Andy, Do you know what that 'NT' stands for? Andy said no & Al replied NUTTYTOWN! Still rings true all these years later :):):)
The drive-in was located at the southwest corner of 111th Ave N. & the North Trail. You could park & watch the movies for free along 110th Avenue North but good hearing was required.
Playcards courtesy Gerry Johnson
My Back Pages
- Old Naples Area Late 50's early 60's
- Collier County Property Appraiser's Site
- Pelican Bay
- Four Corners Center Of The Universe
- The Poor Man's Alligator Alley
- The Cable Guys September 1968
- Alternate Cable Guys Photo
- Palm River & Willoughby Acres Area
- North Gulfshore Blvd To Doctor's Pass
- East Trail @ Davis Blvd
- Royal Palm Service Station & Club 41
- 3rd Street & Broad Avenue South
- Parkshore Beach & North Gulfshore Blvd
- Naples Theatre & Trail Drive-In Two Sided Playcard...
- Store # 76 The Original Naples Publix (Under Const...
- East Trail @ Boat Haven
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2010 (73)