Wednesday, August 12, 2009

North Gulfshore Blvd To Doctor's Pass

I remember pool hopping along Gulfshore Blvd in the summer. Usually the only people you would run into would be the caretakers, the condo's were like ghost towns. Sunscreen wasn't an option, between getting cooked from the sun & breathing mosquito plane fog & slogging thru sandspurs you were pretty much up for a fun day. We didn't need no stinkin' EPA..........sorry I started coughing & I got distracted by these brown spots on my arms. I'd like to chat but I'm off to the dermatologist for my annual checkup:):) ........

Photo taken January 22nd 1963

1 comment:

  1. Not a single building surrounding the original "Moorings Bridge".

    What a great stretch of beach that was from the north side of Doctor's Pass all the way to Clam Pass. Sea Oats, Spanish Bayonet (Yucca) and Australian Pine lining the frontage before yielding to the mangroves. The only access, other than by boat, was to drive north a few miles and come in through Seagate as there were "zero" access roads. Ahhh , those were the days ('cept for the "no-see-ums" (sand fleas). LOL

    I was in 8th grade at St. Ann School.

    Seagate Homeboy

    ReplyDelete