Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Parkshore Beach & North Gulfshore Blvd
To the north at the 2 sandy points is the future home of the Parkshore Drive bridge. I remember us dirtbikers would have a field day before the bridge was put in. They dredged mountains of sand for both approaches you could throttled hard & try to fly up them. It really didn't matter if you made it or not it was all soft sugar sand you could fall & not get hurt. Downside was riding the rest of the day with sand in your underwear, ears, nose & everywhere else. You can see the City of Naples Vedado Way beach access lined with palm trees. Top of the picture is Seagate & Clam Bay.
Photo taken September 17th 1968
Photo courtesy of the Les Whitaker Jr. family.
My Back Pages
- Old Naples Area Late 50's early 60's
- Collier County Property Appraiser's Site
- Pelican Bay
- Four Corners Center Of The Universe
- The Poor Man's Alligator Alley
- The Cable Guys September 1968
- Alternate Cable Guys Photo
- Palm River & Willoughby Acres Area
- North Gulfshore Blvd To Doctor's Pass
- East Trail @ Davis Blvd
- Royal Palm Service Station & Club 41
- 3rd Street & Broad Avenue South
- Parkshore Beach & North Gulfshore Blvd
- Naples Theatre & Trail Drive-In Two Sided Playcard...
- Store # 76 The Original Naples Publix (Under Const...
- East Trail @ Boat Haven
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2010 (73)