Sunday, August 30, 2009
East Trail @ Boat Haven
From the looks of the traffic heading east McDonald's must have opened this day. My latest mission was to try & locate John Grey former Mercury Outboard mechanic at Boat Haven. And you ask but Homeboy, why John Grey? He was the owner/designer of the one & only Golden Orchid/Hawaiian Pearl that pink & purple Edsel with the shark fin trunk lid. I emailed Chrisse or Miss "B" Haven former owner of Boat Haven to try & locate him. She gave me his last known whereabouts but the trail came up cold. That car was truly a 60's Naples icon it was like the local Batmobile or something. Between that & a photo of the Anchor Lounge (with it's happy dancing feet) are 2 of the things I'm finding hardest to locate. If anyone can give me a heads up on a photo of either it would be greatly appreciated.
My Back Pages
- Old Naples Area Late 50's early 60's
- Collier County Property Appraiser's Site
- Pelican Bay
- Four Corners Center Of The Universe
- The Poor Man's Alligator Alley
- The Cable Guys September 1968
- Alternate Cable Guys Photo
- Palm River & Willoughby Acres Area
- North Gulfshore Blvd To Doctor's Pass
- East Trail @ Davis Blvd
- Royal Palm Service Station & Club 41
- 3rd Street & Broad Avenue South
- Parkshore Beach & North Gulfshore Blvd
- Naples Theatre & Trail Drive-In Two Sided Playcard...
- Store # 76 The Original Naples Publix (Under Const...
- East Trail @ Boat Haven
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2010 (73)