Sunday, September 6, 2009

North Trail @ 4 Corners


I was having a conversation with SH & we were laughing about the 60's/70's in Naples. When you were coming into downtown from the north or east the 4 Corners usually determined your night of activity. From the east you could head straight down 5th to the pier & Beach Store or go north to Lum's, Chris' Gourmet Castle (whatta name) or beyond. From the north you could take a right & do the pier or head east to Al's Aquarium (a bar on the east trail). SH had a car so he had way more options than I & I was usually on foot with my thumb out hitchhiking. The funny part to it was you were always looking for the party & it never dawned on me till years later that looking for the party, was the party. 4 Corners truly was the center of the universe....

In the photo the north trail was 4 lane until Central actually 6 lanes, but 1 lane each way was for parking. At the northwest corner of 3rd & 41 was the Anchor Lounge a funky little bar that was always good for a little fist flying action. I think the police spent as much time there as the patrons.

1 comment:

  1. "The funny part to it was you were always looking for the party & it never dawned on me till years later that looking for the party, was the party."

    True....

    Thanks for the recollection BH
    Circle3Ranch
    :)

    ReplyDelete