Saturday, October 24, 2009

Halloween's Almost Here!

It's Homeboy's mom decked out as a beer can with a pop top hat! She was my favorite Publix cashier, I knew half the town because in the 60's Publix was one of the only places to work part time after school. I hated high school & would always check out early but you had to have your parents permission to do so. The principal's office would call your parents to OK letting you leave school. My mom would get called off her cash register to take the call & it happened so often she told anyone who answered to just tell them its OK. So I'd usually get the OK from an unknown bag boy or whoever was close to the phone. You could always find her anywhere in the store by the sound of her laugh & twisted sense of humor. Having a beer can mom had its rewards, here's to you mom!
Part 1 of my Halloween in Naples 70's style.

3 comments:

  1. Peg was one of the funniest human beings I have ever known. Working with her was just a joy.

    Too bad her son Danny didn't turn out so well.

    JUST KIDDING!

    --JIm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Danny, tell Peg I said hello!

    What A great mother/Mom you have!

    Scott
    Circle3Ranch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so easy to spot Peggy, such memories.
    Robyn.......

    ReplyDelete