Thursday, October 22, 2009
Vanderbilt Beach Road @ Vanderbilt Drive & Naples Park
Photo taken from where the Ritz Carlton sits today looking northeast. Of interest in this photo is Trader Zeke's Marina (ran by Captain Jim Houser) on Center Street, long gone now. Interesting side note the little duplex motel rooms from there were moved to the lake between 107th Ave North & 108th. Probably more useless trivia but it's my job to be as useless as I possibly can. A person can never have enough useless information & if you visit here often your sure to get your fill!
PS: If you click the photo & blow it up you can also see the Trail Drive-In Theatre on 41 & 111th these color photos are stunning if you study them. Pay close attention there will be a test at the end of class.
Photo courtesy of the the Les Whitaker Jr. family.
Photo taken September 17th 1968
My Back Pages
- Naples Municipal Airport Part 2
- Pine Ridge And 2 Lane North 41
- The Record Bar @ 949 Central Avenue
- 5th Avenue Postcards
- Split Level Pier SUPWIFDAT?
- The Pier Sometime In The 60's
- The Queen & The Badge 1974-75
- Broad Avenue South Postcards
- Lake Park Area & North 41
- Winn Dixie/Kwik Chek
- Old Naples Way Before Hurricane Donna
- Inter-County Telephone System
- The Blue Barracuda...
- Port Royal & Gordon Pass
- Gulfshore Blvd North @ Hurricane Harbor
- Before Mapquest, Bing Maps, Google Maps and....
- Vanderbilt Beach Road @ Vanderbilt Drive & Naples ...
- Halloween's Almost Here!
- Seagate 1957
- Sorrento Gardens & Pine Ridge
- Seagate near the beach, then and now . . .
- Evolution Of The Swamp Buggy Buck
- The Dome
- Naples Oldest Tradition Swamp Buggy Days
- Breakin' Rocks In The Hot Sun...
- ▼ October (25)
- ► 2010 (73)