Wednesday, October 7, 2009
The Queen & The Badge 1974-75
Priscilla Schweppe quite a unique name for 60's Naples being most people here had nick names like Shorty, Dufuss, Bozo etc. I went to junior high & high school with Pris & can truly say she was one very funny person. If my memory serves me, I believe I met her in the hall outside of class that was usually where I met all my friends being that's where they would put you when you'd laugh too hard. I had a pretty funny Pris & I tailing a Naples Police car story but I ran out of wind & stopped typing. I think I'll have to hire another writer......
Pris told me after she did the queen dunking thing she was sick for some time after from a mouth full of Sippy hole water. I can't even imagine what all was in that water, can you?
Photo: Pris & I've got it on good reference it's Gary Hartford on the right.
Badge courtesy Bill Kilgore
My Back Pages
- Naples Municipal Airport Part 2
- Pine Ridge And 2 Lane North 41
- The Record Bar @ 949 Central Avenue
- 5th Avenue Postcards
- Split Level Pier SUPWIFDAT?
- The Pier Sometime In The 60's
- The Queen & The Badge 1974-75
- Broad Avenue South Postcards
- Lake Park Area & North 41
- Winn Dixie/Kwik Chek
- Old Naples Way Before Hurricane Donna
- Inter-County Telephone System
- The Blue Barracuda...
- Port Royal & Gordon Pass
- Gulfshore Blvd North @ Hurricane Harbor
- Before Mapquest, Bing Maps, Google Maps and....
- Vanderbilt Beach Road @ Vanderbilt Drive & Naples ...
- Halloween's Almost Here!
- Seagate 1957
- Sorrento Gardens & Pine Ridge
- Seagate near the beach, then and now . . .
- Evolution Of The Swamp Buggy Buck
- The Dome
- Naples Oldest Tradition Swamp Buggy Days
- Breakin' Rocks In The Hot Sun...
- ▼ October (25)
- ► 2010 (73)