Sunday, October 25, 2009
Back in the day you had better pack a lunch. Although it was only 6 miles from "4 corners", Seagate was thought to be quite a ways out of town.
Surrounded by palmetto, pine, and mangrove, it was home to raccoons, opossum, rattlesnakes, and even a few armadillo. In addition, there was a pair of American Eagles with a nest atop a towering pine right where the word residential appears in this picture.
My Back Pages
- Naples Municipal Airport Part 2
- Pine Ridge And 2 Lane North 41
- The Record Bar @ 949 Central Avenue
- 5th Avenue Postcards
- Split Level Pier SUPWIFDAT?
- The Pier Sometime In The 60's
- The Queen & The Badge 1974-75
- Broad Avenue South Postcards
- Lake Park Area & North 41
- Winn Dixie/Kwik Chek
- Old Naples Way Before Hurricane Donna
- Inter-County Telephone System
- The Blue Barracuda...
- Port Royal & Gordon Pass
- Gulfshore Blvd North @ Hurricane Harbor
- Before Mapquest, Bing Maps, Google Maps and....
- Vanderbilt Beach Road @ Vanderbilt Drive & Naples ...
- Halloween's Almost Here!
- Seagate 1957
- Sorrento Gardens & Pine Ridge
- Seagate near the beach, then and now . . .
- Evolution Of The Swamp Buggy Buck
- The Dome
- Naples Oldest Tradition Swamp Buggy Days
- Breakin' Rocks In The Hot Sun...
- ▼ October (25)
- ► 2010 (73)